FRANTSEVICH INSTITUTE FOR PROBLEMS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE – (IPMS), Ukraine
- FRANTSEVICH INSTITUTE FOR PROBLEMS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE – (IPMS)
Krzhizhanovsky str., 3, 03680,
- T: +380(44)424-01-02
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of the organisation
IPMS has no analogues among academic institutions due a great variety of new developments in technological processes, materials and products on their base. IPMS employs about 1700 people, including 70 doctors and more than 345 Ph.D., among them Members of Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, professors.
IPMS is a large scientific and research complex, including Special Design Bureau with Pilot Plants, Computer Centre and Laboratory for Basalt Materials Production. All achievements in the development of new materials with their further commercial application are supported by wide basic researches in the field of solid-state physics and chemistry, inorganic physical chemistry, mechanics of deformable media.
IPMS will synthesize own nanostructured particles, graphens and nanographites from plant waste, such as chips of pine, nanographites – from hydratcellulose, having extensive experience in the field.
The most important tasks for IPMS are nanoprofiling and nanomodification of carbon fiber surface and coupling agents. For this purpose it is necessary to produce nanostructured carbon particles with predetermined size and chemical and physical properties. According to our predictions ferromagnetic particles can not only improve glazing stage during serial carbon fibers production (under the influence of magnetic field) but also ensure the special electrical and physical properties of composite.
IPMS will work predominantly within Work Packages :
- WP2 Investigation of methods for the production of oxide coatings on CF by means of solution method. Material of coatings – yttrium oxide and aluminium and magnesium spinels; characterization of such coatings by means of XRD, FTIR, SEM, TEM.
- WP8 Hydrothermal processing of CF wastes and old CF and also sol-processing for enhancement of functional properties of end products. Special attention will be paid to:
- The introduction of nanostructured carbon and silicon additives and
- Production of composite materials with enhanced tribological characteristics.